Are you familiar with any alternative techniques to keep your teeth and gums safe, such as chewing sugarless gum? Chewing sugarless gum has numerous potential benefits to your smile to help ensure your teeth and gums continue to function as intended. Listed below are just some of the benefits that you can expect:
– Increase saliva flow in your mouth, as it can neutralize acids and wash away harmful debris.
– Chewing gum can lower your risk of heartburn by neutralizing the assets that rise up from your stomach.
– Chewing gum is known to help prevent cavities by chewing on the gum for at least 20 minutes after a meal.
– When your teeth are extra sensitive, avoid brushing and using toothpaste. Instead, focus on using chewing gum for your oral health care needs.
– Sugarless chewing gum is non-abrasive and safe to use when your teeth are extremely sensitive or prone to abrasion.
– Although chewing gum is an extremely effective oral health care treatment to keep your smile clean, it should never be used as a total replacement for brushing and flossing.
– Always focus on using sugar-free, as sugars can contribute to ailments such as tooth decay and dental erosion.
To schedule an appointment with your dentist at Scott J. Ferguson, DDS, please call Dr. Scott Ferguson and Dr. Neha Batra at our dentist office in Kimball, Michigan at 810-985-3301.