If you have a pair of dentures, it is important to follow proper handling and cleaning protocol with them at all times. Even though dentures are artificial, they can still be damaged, cracked, stained, or carry bacteria. It’s important to take as much care of your dentures as your mouth. Here are seven easy tips to help you:
– Be extremely delicate when handling dentures, as they can be easily damaged.
– Be sure to brush and rinse your dentures daily, but not with toothpaste. Clean them with products including hand soap, denture cleaning solution, mild dishwashing liquids, or products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Never let your dentures dry out. Always soak them in plain water, or a proper cleaning solution when not in use.
– Be sure to schedule regular checkups with your dentist, and consult them if your dentures become damaged.
– Always brush the inner parts of your mouth before inserting dentures. Also rinse the dentures in water before inserting, in order to remove any harmful chemicals that may be present from your cleaning solution.
– Remove your dentures every night to allow your gums a chance to rest.
– Always avoid using the following products on dentures: teeth whiteners, bleach, hot water, and abrasive cleaning materials.
Never forget to maintain proper oral health care at all times, even with dentures. If you would like to schedule a checkup with our wonderful dentist, Scott J. Ferguson, DDS, you can call us at 810.985.3301 to speak with a member of our staff. You can also visit our office in Kimball, Michigan. Your smile is our business!